March Lee Connection
It’s March, which means we’re heading into the home stretch of the 2018-2019 club year. We’ve already given out $6,200 to Fort Lee Area organizations, including FRGs, Fisher House, Holiday Helper Association, and Army Quartermaster Foundation. In addition to monetary donations, we’ve contributed items collected at our luncheons to several local organizations and spent our time volunteering in person through our Community Connection group. We will also be supporting our Fort Lee Community this spring through our scholarships and community grants (see below). I’ve listed all of these FLASC contributions not to boast (although they are amazing achievements!), but rather to thank you, our members, for your continued assistance in our attempts to support and improve the Fort Lee Community. It’s your purchases at the Fort Lee Thrift Shop, your donations at the luncheons, and your time spent volunteering that allows us to give back to our
community in huge ways. So thanks, FLASC members, and I look forward to seeing you at one of our many events this month!
URGENT:Time Is Running Out for Community Grants and Scholarship!
Scholarships must be postmarked by March 5 and Community Grants must be postmarked by March 25. Don’t delay! Apply today!
Sub Clubs to the Rescue!
Looking to connect with local spouses? Try a sub club! We have SEVEN to choose from this month:
· FLASC Chatter and Scatter: Tuesday, March 5 for Story Time Yoga at the Prince George Library. See page 5 for details.
· FLASC Epicurious Club: Thursday, March 7 at 6 pm at DJ’s Rajun Cajun in Petersburg. See flyer above for more information or find us on Facebook: FLASC Epicurious Club.
· FLASC BYOC (Bring Your Own Craft!): Tuesday, March 11 from 6-9 pm at Memorial Chapel. For more information, find us on Facebook: FLASC BYOC (Bring Your Own Craft!)
· FLASC Chatter and Scatter: Friday, March 15 at Chick-Fil-A in Colonial Heights. See page 5 for more details.
· FLASC River City Explorers: Wednesday, March 20 at 6 pm at Tang & Biscuit in Richmond, For more information, see page 2 or find us on Facebook: FLASC River City Explorers.
· FLASC Lunch Bunch: Friday, March 22 at 12 pm at The Boathouse. For more details, see page 2 or find us on Facebook: FLASC Lunch Bunch.
· FLASC Bunco: Friday, March 22 at 6 pm. For more information, see flyer on page 5 or find us on Facebook: Ft Lee Bunco.
· FLASC Click and Sip: Saturday, March 23 at 6 pm at Trapezium in Petersburg. See page 5 or find us on Facebook (FLASC Click and Sip) for details.
· FLASC Book Club: Monday, March 25 at 6 pm at Memorial Chapel. For more information, see the flyer on page 5 or find us on Facebook: FLASC Book Club.
This month we will be collecting items for Meals on Wheels. Please see below for their most wanted items.
Need Childcare for the Luncheons?
FLASC has been working with the CDC over the last few months to provide hourly care at the full-day care facilities during our monthly luncheons . If you’re interested in booking hourly care for our monthly luncheons but have had trouble finding space through the CDC, please contact Jessica at FLASCpublicity@gmail.com.
The Fort Lee Thrift Shop
Do you have extra household items or clothing around your house?
Consider donating to the thrift shop!
Donations can be made during business hours or left in the shed outside of the shop.
Your donations of gently used and clean items are greatly appreciated. Please use separate bags for household items and clothing to help minimize any breakage.
The Thrift Shop also takes items for consignment.
Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Friday 9:30am-2pm and Thursday 4:30pm-7pm
Wednesday & Friday 9:30am-11:45am
and Thursday 4:30pm -6:30pm
Location: The Corner of Lee and B Avenues.
Check out the Fort Lee Thrift Shop
Facebook page for weekly sales! www.facebook.com/Fortleethriftshop
Our February Adventures
We had several fun activities during February, including Bunco at the Quartermaster Museum (bottom right) and our February Outing to Appomattox River Peanut & Wine
Company (bottom left.) Our Outreach last month was Fisher House, whom we presented with a check and collected donations for at our “Cupcake Wars” themed luncheon (below). We also visited the Fisher House with the Community Connection sub club (right) to prepare meals for the guests staying there. We also had several events without pictures (we were having too much fun to snap a quick shot!) and have an amazing set of events and outings scheduled for the month of March! We hope to see you there!