May Lee Connection
We’ve made it to May, the last month of our 2018-2019 club year! Our luncheon this month will include both awarding our scholarship and community grant recipients and installing our new FLASC board for the 2019-2020 club year. This will be our last luncheon of the club year, but don’t forget that we’ll still have outings and sub clubs throughout the summer months! I hope you will join for the 2019-2020 club year, and have a lovely summer!
Congratulations to Our 2019 Scholarship Recipients!
Sub Clubs to the Rescue!
Looking to connect with local spouses? Try a sub club! We have SIX to choose from this month:
· FLASC Brewer’s Delight: Wednesday, May 8 at 10:30 am at Demolition Coffee. See flyer for
· FLASC Chatter and Scatter: Thursday, May 9 at 10:30 am at the Prince George Library. See flyer above for details.
· FLASC BYOC: Monday, May 13 at 6 pm at Memorial Chapel. See flyer for details.
· FLASC Chatter and Scatter: Friday, May 17 at 4:30 pm at Chapel Park. See flyer for details.
· FLASC Bunco: Saturday, May 18 at 6 pm. For more information, see flyer on page 2 or find us on Facebook: Ft Lee Bunco.
· FLASC Click & Sip: Saturday, May 18 at 6 pm at Short Pump Town Center. See flyer for details.
· FLASC Book Club: Monday, May 20 at 6 pm at Memorial Chapel. For more information, see the flyer on page 1 or find us on Facebook: FLASC Book Club.
The Fort Lee Thrift Shop
Do you have extra household items or clothing around your house?
Consider donating to the thrift shop!
Donations can be made during business hours or left in the shed outside of the shop.
Your donations of gently used and clean items are greatly appreciated. Please use separate bags for household items and clothing to help minimize any breakage.
The Thrift Shop also takes items for consignment.
Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Friday 9:30am-2pm and Thursday 4:30pm-7pm
Wednesday & Friday 9:30am-11:45am
and Thursday 4:30pm -6:30pm
Location: The Corner of Lee and
Check out the Fort Lee Thrift Shop
Facebook page for weekly sales!
Our outreach for this month is the Fort Lee Stray Animal Facility. We will be collecting cat food, dog food, cat litter, flea and tick collars. Donations can be brought to the May Luncheon (see flyer).
April was full of amazing events! Our Kentucky Derby Luncheon let us show off our best hats and fascinators while winning fabulous prizes at bingo. We heard from Lonesome Dove Equestrian Center, which was also our outreach for the month, to learn more about how they help local veterans. We had several sub club meetups, including high tea at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, dinner at City Table with local author Libby Carty McNamee, and a hike through Pocahontas Park. FLASC board members also made an appearance at the Kenner 5K to share information about our great organization! We hope to see you next month at another one of our great events!